Did you know that nearly 80 percent of women wear the wrong size bras? Not only does that make for an uncomfortable fit, but it can affect their appearance and self-esteem as well.
If you’re among the many women who are wearing the wrong size bra, it’s time for a change! So grab your best girlfriend and head out to the mall to find that perfect-fitting bra you deserve. Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Make a day of it – Now’s not the time to feel rushed. Instead, dedicate a morning or afternoon to bra shopping so you’ll have time to try on many different styles and sizes and see what’s right for you.
2. Set a budget – Before you head out, decide how many bras you want to buy and how much money you have to spend on each. Try to stick to this budget when you’re shopping – and if you like the bras you choose, you can always go back in a few months to invest in more.
3. Clone your favorite – We all have a favorite bra that we miss when it’s been laundered. Spend a minute looking it over to figure out its best qualities and keep those in mind when shopping so that you can add to your ‘favorites’ selection.
4. Visit a specialty store – You’ll likely spend a little more at a specialty store, but in return, you’ll get a bra that lasts much longer. You could also try the lingerie section of your favorite department store.
5. Get a professional opinion – A professional on staff at any department or specialty store can provide an accurate measurement so that you can get the best-fitting bra possible.
6. Wear a non-padded bra – When shopping, make sure the bra you’re wearing is as natural as can be. One with extra padding will throw off the measurement.
7. Leave the sweater at home – Wear a t-shirt so that you can slip it on over the bras you’re trying on. The light material of a t-shirt tends to be the toughest judge of a bra’s character – a challenge the best bra should be able to stand up against.
8. Know the latest styles – To ease your stress on shopping day, spend some time researching the latest styles. Flip through a magazine window shop to find what’s hot. After you’ve narrowed it down to a few choices, keep these in mind when you’re shopping. You can also ask a professional who works in the store to recommend the right styles for you.
9. Pros vs. cons – Keep a mental list of the pros and cons of each bra you try on and create a separate pile for bras that grade higher than the others. This will make decision time a lot easier.
10. Do a double take – Before you leave the store, give your potential purchases one last look to be sure they meet all of the requirements. Do they fit perfectly, look great under your t-shirt, within your budget
11. Review your bra supply – Just because you own it, doesn’t mean it should still be worn. Mark your calendar to do the following at least twice per year:
12. Check your fit – Like it or not, our bodies change over time which means taking measurements every 6 months is important to maintain the perfect fit.
13. Put your bras to the test – Just because you own it doesn’t mean it should be worn…over time, your bras will lost elasticity and stretch out. Keep tabs on your bras and get rid of those that are beyond their expiration date.